IGI software products view and edit a wide variety of data formats, including RS-274X data. For a free RS-274X viewer, download our IGI PT Viewer to see how it works.
RS-274X Data Import
Input is easy for all IGI software products, including the free download of IGI PT Viewer. Simply drag and drop RS-274X files on the IGI software icon to import them.
- Import hierarchical data and/or flat data.
- Typically RS-274X data imports with no adjustments to any settings. However, for uncommon cases with unique parameters in the data, IGI software includes settings for handling prefixes, scaling, offsets, mirror/rotate macros, draws with complex apertures and missing G74, G75 codes for arcs.
RS-274D Data Import
In the case of RS-274D – an older version of Gerber data format with a separate aperture list, input is done with drag and drop.
- Multiple aperture lists and data sets can be imported together.
- In case of missing or unknown apertures, IGI software runs a program that enables you to assign apertures to Dcodes in the data. This can make some legacy data usable again.
Once import is complete, take advantage of the powerful array of viewing and editing tools available, that goes beyond zooming and scrolling, to find zero width geometry, smallest geometry, calculate areas and much more. Most viewing/editing features are included with the free RS-274X viewer, (IGI PT Viewer), but saving and exporting data are disabled until a license is purchased.
RS-274X Data Export
Whether your RS-274X data is flat or hierarchical, IGI software provides tools to configure RS-274X (Extended Gerber) output options.
- Select layers to export.
- Individual layer settings for layer name, image and order number, polarity, X Y scaling, X Y offset and mirroring.
- Paint/scratch layers merged for export.
- Turn Auto Offset on/off.
- Customize defaults to simplify export for your operators.
Flat Data Only:
- Ignore off board data.
- A separately licensed option available for Etch Compensation.
Hierarchical Data Only:
- Select which object to export and set Cross Scan for X or Y.
- Set decimal formatting, (ex: 2,3), absolute/incremental mode, zero suppression and line feed.
- Prepare data for specific devices. These device exports have settings for leveling, merging, as well as arc, line, and pad handling.
For RS-274X data, aperture lists are automatically created and embedded in the 274X file – no need to set aperture tables, or deal with external aperture lists.
Export of RS-274X data is a licensed option for IGI software. The free RS-274X viewer, (IGI PT Viewer), can be upgraded with a product license which includes saving and exporting data.
Contact Us for more information, or visit our Resources page for video links.